Need a Labor Day Idea?
How to Throw an Incredible Labor Day Party on a Tight Budget by Aimee Lyons
There’s a very good chance that the COVID-19 pandemic has thrown a wrench into your Labor Day weekend plans. This year many people are content to stay at home rather than risk exposure to COVID-19 in hot vacation spots. But that doesn’t mean your Labor Day weekend has to be a dull affair. It’s possible to throw a fun, safe backyard BBQ for family and/or friends without breaking the bank. The following tips and resources can help you throw the type of party that protects your budget and impresses your guests while keeping everyone safe.
Get That Yard in Great Shape!
If you’ve neglected to take care of your yard this summer, you may need to address a few problems before your guests arrive.
● First, make a checklist of all the things you’ll need to get your yard in shape.
● Need a lawnmower? You can pick up a lightweight electric lawnmower for under $100 from retailers like Amazon. Don’t forget to check those reviews!
● Don’t forget to clean your deck or patio, especially if it’s been a while.
● Also, pay a little attention to your outdoor furniture (including your fences).
● If all else fails, don’t hesitate to hire a landscaper to address your yard. Just know which questions to ask so you know if they’re right for the job.
● Braxtly Tools offers professional-quality tools for DIYers.
Start Thinking About Food!
What’s a memorable Labor Day party without food? Fortunately, there are ways to stock up on everything you’ll need without wrecking your budget in the process.
● If you’re looking for some classic recipes to impress your guests, Food Network has a list of tried-and-true dishes that will surely make mouths water.
● Don’t immediately rule out making dishes with what you already have. Save a little cash and take a look at your pantry, and work with what you’ve got.
Keep Everyone Entertained!
So, your yard looks spiffy and your food hits all the marks. Now, you’ve got to keep everyone entertained. Here are some great budget-friendly tips.
● First, and perhaps most importantly, have something to keep the kids happy. Sometimes, all you need is a craft station!
● Don’t forget to assemble some games for the adults too!
● If you really want to make an impression, you can make some DIY games that are both inventive and cost-effective.
● Shop and save on all your entertainment needs at large retailers like Target and Walmart; you can also find stores with free gift offers.
Keep Everyone Safe!
With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, you need to think about keeping everyone safe. Thankfully, doing so isn’t as complicated as you may think.
● Purchase disposable face masks for your guests. However, make sure you know which are worth your money before buying anything.
● Likewise, keep hand sanitizer around and ask everyone to use it liberally.
● Finally, ask everyone to wash their hands. Make sure that you find products that are excellent at fighting germs.
Labor Day weekend might look a little different this year, but that doesn’t mean you have to ditch the festivities altogether. By implementing the strategies suggested above, you can make this a memorable — and budget-friendly — celebration!